Friday, July 9, 2010

Meet "Miles"


A few months ago, when Matt was out with the dogs he found a baby Snapping Turtle in our yard. We were not sure what to do with it so Matt decided that we should keep it for a while until we decided for sure. Well here we are two months later and "Miles" is still living in a rubbermaid container in our basement! We didn't have the heart to set it free in the wild just yet, but I think when he gets a bigger we should probably set him free in a nearby pond somewhere, but more than likely we will be keeping him for quite a while.



I wonder what Matt's college friends would think if they knew they were the inspiration of all of our pet's names!


3 comments:

Pa & T said...

He sure doesn't grow very fast. I wonder how you know the turtle is a boy?

hayleyash said...

Get that snapper outta your hand..what are you thinking? You weren't thinking!

Sharp Family said...

aaawww! he's so cute!! his "slidey" tail is kinda snakey though!! yikes!!