Sunday, March 4, 2012

9 Months

Where has the last the month gone?  This past month was jam packed with activities and I didn't blog about one of them! We celebrated my 30th Birthday, which I must say I struggled with a bit but got over it in a day or two.  Elli had an overnight with Pa & T while we had an adult evening out with some of our friends. For Matt's birthday, T had bought him a date night in February at Sur la table with cooking lessons for us.  Most of you know that Matt doesn't need cooking lessons so I think this was more of a way to get me to like cooking.  I must say it was a ton of fun and the food we made was awesome! But sorry T - I still hate to cook!  
During all that, Elli turned 9 months old last week. We celebrated her 9 month with her first ear infection and a touch of the croup.  She seems to be doing better but still a little grumpy during the night, which Mommy and Daddy are not used to.  She has started to cruise around the furniture a bit but has realized she can get to things on the furniture that she wants just as easy by getting down and crawling over to it. She gives us kisses, shakes her head no while saying "na-na" and plays peak-a-boo.  We have come to realize that this little one will only do things on her own terms though.  All the things mentioned above she will not do when we ask her to, only when she wants to!  She knows what "no" means and usually listens pretty well, for now. She loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Moose a Moose/Zee on Nick Jr. and lights up with excitement when her daddy comes home from work.    

She loved playing with mommy's balloons from her birthday.
Elli's new Jacuzzi

She got her first boo-boo this month too.  Fell into the cabinet - OUCH!
Sitting Pretty

I don't know if you can see them but the dogs are on the other side of the door.  She loves to watch them out the door and we swear she is trying to say "dog"


Mommy and Elli tuckered out after a long sleepless night from being sick.

This picture sums up how Elli has been feeling for the past week!

No comments: